HJF College Scholarship Program
HJF offers college scholarships each year for Former HJF Pre-school Students may apply. Scholarships are $2,000 per year. The scholarship committee "Mentor Moms" meet with each student every semester to monitor their progress.
Our Mentor Moms are very special. Their responsibilities include:
- A four year serious commitment to the committee.
- A Commitment to meet face to face with each assigned scholarship recipient (usually 2-4 students per "mom") the 1st Saturday in August and the 1st Saturday in January.
- A Commitment to attend the committee's April “Scholarship Recipient Selection” meeting
- An extensive, personal involvement mentoring of scholarship recipients through emails, visits, cards, phone calls, etc.
- A diligent record keeping on each assigned scholarship student, who must carry at least 12 hours per semester and maintain at least a 2.5 average to continue in the program.
Funding for our program comes through the efforts of the HJF members and our HJF supporters.
The Houston Junior Forum College Scholarship Program receives no government assistance of any kind.